This bread is light and fluffy, have to keep an eye on it while baking so it doesn’t burn.
- 3 eggs, separated
- 3 tablespoonscream cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1(1 g) packet artificial sweetener
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Separate the eggs
- In one bowl, mix together the egg yolks, the 3 tbsp Cream Cheese and the one packet of Sweetener until smooth.
- In the other bowl add 1/4 teaspoon of Cream of Tartar to the whites and beat the whites on high speed until they are fluffy and form nice peaks.
- Fold the egg yolk mixture into the egg whites until mixed
- Spray two cookie sheets with Pam
- Scoop the mixture into 10 even rounds on the sheets (about the size of the top-half of the hamburger bun (some of mine got runny on me and spread larger then others- I think I folded them to much)
- Bake on the middle rack. 20-30 mins depends on your scoop sizes. Watch carefully, remove once golden brown.
- Remove from the pans and cool on a rack or cutting board.
- While warm they are crumbly and similar to cooked meringue. Once cool, seal them in a ziplock storage baggie over night. They will turn into more of a bread texture.
- Use 2 cloud breads for the sloppy joe sandwich, one on top and one on bottom.
Thank you for checking this out! Let me know how your cloud bread experience was!