I am so excited to try this amazing recipe from lowcarbyum tonight!! I’ll update this post with my pics and review tonight!
So filling and yummy! Advice would be to get the meat layers as thin as possible next time I might even try to cut the two layers in half width wise ad see how it goes. Its a little work but whoa the pay off is huge! I loved this.
*Also check out the 5 day meal plan where we use this Lasagna for dinner!
- Two 9×13 baking pans or a large sheet pan for the meat. Using two sheets allows us to make thinner meat layers
- 8×8 pan for final lasagna
- 2 Pounds Ground Lean Beef
- 1 Egg yolk beaten
- ½ Cup Parmesan
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 2 Teaspoon Ground Sage
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Oregano
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 1 Teaspoon Chili Powder more or less depending on your heat tolerance
- Salt and Ground Black Pepper to taste
- Meat we just made listed above
- 2 to 2 ½ Cups Marinara Sauce
- 2 cups Spinach
- 2 Egg yolks beaten
- 1 Cup Ricotta
- 2 Cups Freshly Grated Mozzarella Cheese
- ½ Cup Parmesan
- ¼ Teaspoon Onion Powder
- ¼ Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ¼ Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Fresh Parsley for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 450
- In small bowl mix Onion powder, garlic powder, sage, oregano, thyme and chili powder.
- Save 1/2 tsp for sauce
- In large bowl mix ground beef with the spices. Add in parmesan and the egg yolk (beaten)
- Get your two 9×13 baking pans and line with parchment paper. add seasoned ground beef and flatten.
- Bake ground beef for 10-15 mins in oven
- Drain oils and slice to fit in lasagna container
- Preheat oven to 400
- Medium sized bowl add marinara sauce, parmesan, the 1/2 tsp seasoning we saved earlier and mix
- In another bowl with beaten egg, fold in ricotta cheese
- In skillet, heat oil and spinach until wilted, add in onion powder, garlic powder and black pepper
- Assemble Lasagna. Pour 2-3 tbsp marinara sauce to an 8×8 baking pan. Top with meat slices, spread more marinara sauce. Add Sautéed Spinach and spread ricotta mix on top. cover with half of the mozzarella cheese. repeat with remaining ingredients with mozzarella at the top most part.
- Bake for 15 mins or until cheese is melted and slightly golden
Thank you for checking this out! Let me know how yours turned out!