Ekkkkk!!!! Dreams are coming true! Stuffed crust pizza has always been one of my favorite things to binge out on! After I found out about Fathead dough and made pizza with it I KNEW I had to try and make a stuffed crust! And it worked!
Mmmmmm! I made the fathead dough full recipe from the pizza recipe (click here for pizza link), then used half the dough for this mini pizza. SO its half the size of the normal Keto pizza but a full size pizza should work just fine….I did a trial pizza first incase it was a horrible disaster. I did bake it longer then the normal Keto pizza and feel like you really have to keep an eye on it through out the baking. It was so good and I was craving a cheesy filling dish that had the “carb-a-holic” in my just fighting to get out. This completely filled me up and left a smile on my face! I will make this again and next time I’m going to roll the dough out thinner so it doesn’t take so long to cook. I left it a little thick because I didn’t want to crust breaking and oozing around.
Ingredients (This is enough for one large pizza or 2 mini pizzas)
- 1 Egg (beaten)
- 1 1/2 cups mozzerella cheese shredded
- 2 oz cream cheese (cubed)
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- Italian seasoning
- Shredded cheese
- Optional Toppings (beef, sausage, pep, mushrooms, etc)
- Pizza Sauce
- String cheese (enough to line the outside of pizza- about 3 for a mini and 6 for large)
This is enough for one large pizza or 2 mini pizzas
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Get your baking pan ready and lined with parchment paper, spray paper with pam. Also get out another sheet of parchment paper and spray with pam for when we roll out the dough.
- Melt 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese and 2 oz cream cheese in large microwavable dish. Microwave 45 seconds, stir with spoon then microwave for another 45 seconds.
- Add in 1/3 cup almond flour, egg and seasoning to cheese melt and mix together with large spoon. Once mixed kneed with your hands until all blended well
- Place dough in center of baking pan on parchment paper (here you can split into 2 for two mini pizzas if you want) put parchment paper on top of dough and roll out with rolling pin or your hands to create a circle crust
- Once rolled out place string cheese sticks around the outside about 1/2 inch from boarder/edge, I broke the cheese sticks into 3 pieces each to help make the circle shape. Then pull the edge/boarder of the dough over the string cheese and pinch shut to create the stuffed crust.
- poke holes in center of pizzato help avoid air bubbles( I didnt poke any holes in the stuffed crust part to avoid leaking)
- Place in oven for 6 mins, take out and poke any air bubbles
- Place back in oven until golden brown
- Once golden brown, take out of oven to add the sauce and toppings
- Put back in for at least 10 mins, until top is golden brown. Also, check the bottom occasionally, I lifted mine up with a fork just to make sure it wasn’t burning. For the last bit I like to put it on broil.
- Take out and let cool once its nice and golden brown
“It was amazing!”
Here’s Michelles Stuffed Crust Keto Pizza!
Thank you! Let me know how this recipe was for you!