So I LOVE fathead dough but I wanted some chips…something crunchy but not the cheese crisps….So I tried this and loved it!
It does take a bit more work then just baking cheese into chips but the pay off is great! These were fantastic!! I will be making these again and enjoying every last one of them!
- 1/3 cup Almond flour
- 1 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 2tbsp Cream cheese (cubes)
- 1 egg (beaten)
- Seasonings of your choice…this can really change the chip. Italian is a favorite for me!
IDEA! Make Pizza chips! Add some of pepperoni into your chips and dip in pizza sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, getting baking pan ready and lined with parchment paper (spray with pam)
- Put mozzarella and cream cheese in a large bowl. Melt in microwave for 45 seconds, stir then again for 45 seconds.
- Mix in the almond flour, seasonings and egg(beaten)
- Once combined, knead with your hands until everything is blended and dough forms
- Put dough on the parchment paper on baking pan. place another sheet of parchment paper on top (sprayed with pam) and use rolling pin on your hands to spread dough and form crust.
- Roll out dough as thin as possible into a rectangle.
As you can see in this photo one area was thinner than the rest and it burnt and crumbled, So make sure your dough is rolled out evenly!
- Bake for 6 mins, take out and fill to other side. I placed the other parchment paper on top of the dough then flipped it and peeled off the parchment paper that was on the bottom.
- Bake again for a few minutes but watch carefully! Once its getting golden brown remove and cut into triangles
- Place triangles back into the oven for a few minutes to crisp up WATCHING CAREFULLY so they don’t get burnt
- Once golden brown take out and Enjoy!
Thank you and let me know how your chips were!
3 thoughts on “Keto Chips! (with Fathead dough)”