So my 4 year old loved these! He is my official Kid taste tester and he gave it a 5 star review! So I felt pretty proud of myself 😉
These required some time since it’s a 2 step process with baking the bacon then baking the egg muffins, but I made 24 mini muffins and they are super easy for snacks or breakfast! Plus I baked enough bacon so I had a lot left over I will use for other recipes.
They just tasted like scrambled eggs but in a little bit size serving, I love how easy they are to just store in fridge and heat up for a quick low carb snack. The bacon and spices add a lot also. I would make this again and I might have to because I think my toddler is going to eat all of them! Awesome to find recipes the kids enjoy also!
I love how you can really mix this up also! You could add in sausage, spinach chicken and spice to your liking. Also, the minis are awesome since they are easier to eat quickly as a but you could use the normal size to make more of a breakfast meal verse eating a bunch of little one..personal preference 🙂 Next time I’m adding CHEESE!!
- Broiling pan to bake the bacon (lining the pan with foil also helps for easy clean up)
- large mixing bowl and whisk for eggs
- mini muffin pan
- mini muffin cups
- Pouring spoon
- 6 eggs
- seasonings of your choice- I used Italian seasoning
- Bacon (I try to bake as much as possible so theres left overs)
- (next time Im adding shredded cheese)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Bake bacon (this link talks about how to bake bacon)
- Whisk together eggs and spices in large mixing bowl
- Place muffin cups in muffin tray
- Use a spoon that is easy to pour to fill up the muffin cups in the pan.
- There will be enough to fill all the cups equally
- Once bacon is done chop the bacon and add a pinch to each muffin cup
- (next time I’ll add cheese to each muffin also)
- Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes KEEP AN EYE ON THEM each oven is a little different and you don’t want to burn them or over cook them(next time for the last min or so ill add cheese to the tops of all the muffins and broil until melted)
Thank you for your time! Leave a comment and let me know what you think, if you liked the recipe and what you added into your egg muffins! Have a great day!