On keto many people miss bread… that taste, the texture… bread plays a huge part in the standard American diet so it makes sense we are all so use to eating it.
Well there’s a keto friendly version of bread! Yippie!
- 1 1/2 Cups Almond Flour
- 6 Large eggs (Separated)
- 4 tbsp melted Butter
- 3 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Cream of Tartar
- 1 pinch salt
- 6 drops liquid stevia
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks. (keep both parts)
- Add Cream of Tartar to the eggs whites and beat until you get soft peaks.
- Combine the egg yolks, 1/3 of the beaten egg whites, melted butter, almond flour, baking powder and salt in a food processor.
- Add 6 drops of liquid stevia to the batter, mix until combined. This will be a lumpy thick dough until the whites are added.
- Add the remaining 2/3 of the egg whites and gently process until fully incorporated. Do not overmix or you will lose the volume
- Pour batter into a buttered 8×4 loaf pan. Bake for 30 minutes. Check with a toothpick to ensure the bread is cooked through.
I love how this photo really shows the bread texture through out the loaf 🙂 each slice was yummy!
I really like this to actually have bread again! I did use an 8×4 pan and I had liquid stevia for mine. Mine did not turn out eggy at all. As most things with Almond flour I could taste that flavor. The bread was great just lathered in butter! I also experimented and put some slices in a pan to crisp it up 🙂
Melissa took on the recipe and sent in some pics along with her review 🙂 The bread had a great texture and was super filling, but it did have an eggy taste. The recipe recommends liquid stevia, but I didn’t have any. I think the egg whites didn’t get thick enough. Also, I used a 9×5 pan but I think an 8×4 pan would work better.
We will post an update once we try with liquid stevia and the 8×4 pan and keep you posted on how it goes!
Huge shout out to Melissa for her review! THANK YOU! HMMF Keto crew has been working on trying out recipes for the blog 🙂
Thank you and let me know how the recipe was for you!